Get notified when i'm making more! We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.
19 May

The main crank


The crank I made of ply and brass rod glued in, just wasn’t strong enough, I tried it with bamboo skewers instead, but same problem, so I have resorted to a bent wire version, which should have more strength!

I have no real workshop, hence the limit in materials I can use, but as long as they work..


To keep the main shaft relatively well aligned so it rotated in the holes,I use a simple bit of card to measure mask and bend the wire..

The wire is 2mm galvanised garden wire, straightened by putting one end in a vice and one in a drill, great trick.. it hardens the wire too, so it’s pretty useful.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *